Sunday, April 22, 2012


If you haven't done so, check out my website!!!!!!

Kathleen Joyce Website



I wanted to do a quick update of what I have been working on.  I'm trying out a new technique that combines what I love about traditional and digital artwork.  With traditional watercolors, I love the textures and I feel more comfortable with my drawing.  I hope to one day be able to draw successfully on a tablet, but for now, I like my pen and paper.  But with digital artwork, it's usually done faster and the colors can change.  With traditional watercolor, once it's down, its down.  I don't know if this new technique is any faster, but I feel like it's staying within my own style.





These are the pencil and watercolor tests that I might use as a bio piece for my website or something... It's supposed to be me, but I made myself look too young, time to start doing studies of old people......





These are pencils for what I'm currently working on.  The first one is for the novel Tracks by Louise Erdrich.  The second image is about child behavior development.  I used a 9B to get the lines really dark but smooth.



These are the ink washes that help me figure out the tones of the work.  The cave-family one is still being worked on.




Close-ups



2 comments:

Pam said...

Wow! You are very talented, Kathleen! I am glad I saw you on linked in! I'll be visiting often.

Pam said...

I left a comment but I don't see it anymore. I hope this doesn't publish twice. I love your work!! It's incredible. I am glad I say you on linkedin.